Friday 16 December 2011

Do bikes know it's Christmas time at all?

So my bike has destroyed a throttle cable. It goes without saying that I'm not impressed. It couldn't have happened at a worse time either, well unless you count it going whilst I was away from home... or if I had a job to get to or something. Whatever. I'm still battling the christmas strain on the postal service to get a new cable before new year (as I live in the sticks and nowhere within 150 miles even stocks one). Sadly, this isn't the only issue, as a panel was cracked in the process of getting the bike to a point where I could take the tank off to actually check out the carb end of the cable. In absolute terms, it's no biggie, a bit of fibreglass here, some filler there, a whole mess of sanding and painting etc etc. But in this context all it's done is add insult to injury. 

The only silver lining is remembering back a couple of years ago when something like this would have set me mewling and shitting myself. This was something that only occurred to me after I had the bike in bits. It's quite nice to be able to think how far you've come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment